River Rafting Tips
Tips for River Rafting/ White Water Rafting It is expected that many of you are on your first rafting trip. The adventure of river rafting can be fun and game if you follow a few safety rules and keep some important tips in mind. A few hours of professional training can also make you a good rafter. While you are at Rishikesh enjoying your river rafting or white water rafting trip, try to remember and follow the following tips. These tips, if adhered to properly, can make your adventure trip of rafting even more exciting and enjoyable.
- Rafting is a sport that you enjoy while sitting down. So, you don't necessarily need to be in a tiptop shape. What actually counts is the adequate strength in you upper arm and the shoulder.
- During summertime (which is the main season for river rafting in Rishikesh), the suitable rafting gear includes wetsuit, life jacket, nylon shorts, tennis shoes/ sandals and a hat. In case, you are rafting during autumn or springtime, you'll need some additional clothing.
- Remember to carry dry bags to safely store some personal items that you might bring during the trip. However, it is advised that you avoid carrying things like wallet, car keys and mobile phones on a rafting expedition.
- Also carry with you other essentials including sunscreen, sunglasses and a camera. You causally get yourself disposable water-resistant cameras for the purpose. For the rest like pump, cargo nets and patch kit, you need not worry, as the travel assistant will get it done all for you.
- Your are advised also to dress in layers, so that you don't face any difficulties adding or removing articles. Remember to dress up in synthetic materials including wool and polyester. This will keep your body warm during the river rafting trip.
- While you are setting off on your rafting adventure, don't forget to take along necessary medications, if any. These medications may include inhalers, bee sting kits, insulin etc.
- To acquire more rafting skills, you are suggested to sign up for a multi-day trip. This way you can learn the technical skills of the adventure sport and can also enjoy a high grade rafting trip during your holiday.
- Travelers and adventure lovers can also get themselves enrolled for short-duration rafting courses. Spending a few hours for a couple of days under professional guidance can turn you into a much skilled rafter.
Things to Carry
For Traveling - Try to be as light as possible.
1. Torch (optional)
2. Common Medicine (Crocin, Disprine etc.)
3. Prescribed Medicine (BP, Diabetes and Asthma)
4. Mobile + Charger
6. Warm Clothes (Nov to Feb)
7. Shoes for trekking.
8. T- Shirt, Bermuda & Floaters for rafting
Rishikesh River Rafting & Camping Season
Best Time and Season River Rafting and Camping in Rishikesh:
Rishikesh Rafting Season: 15st September to 30th June.
Rishikesh Riverside Beach Camping Season: 15st September to 25th June.
Rishikesh Jungle Camping Season: All year round